Australian Furniture Association Inc. is the state, peak representative body established to promote the profitable growth, competitiveness, innovation and export readiness of all Furnishing and Allied Industry participants. Embracing an extensive proportion of members, AFA Inc. is recognised as the voice of the Western Australian and Tasmanian Furnishing Industry by the State government, media and the general public. At AFA Inc. we strive to nurture our members by offering a range of advice. Tailored to excite and inspire, our programs promote best practice industry standards. We respect the unique facets of every Member Company and strive to improve business operations while fostering the value of individuality. We encourage our members to enhance their business confidence and proficiency by working with us to solve the complexities of business operation. We embody a philosophy that celebrates the value of open communication, strategic business evaluation and continual policy development.
The purposes of the Association are:
- to encourage, protect and promote the furniture and furnishing industry of Victoria, Western Australia and Tasmania;
- to encourage and support local manufacture of furniture and furnishings;
- to disseminate trading and other information of interest to its members;
- to promote and protect industrial design;
- to adopt grading rules, standards of manufacture and conditions of delivery of furniture and furnishings, and generally to improve the standard of product produced by the industry;
- to disseminate among members information on all matters affecting the furnishing industry and to publish, issue and circulate such papers, periodicals, books, circulars and other literary undertakings relating to technical and general knowledge of persons engaged in the furnishing industry or as may seem conducive to any of these purposes;
- to promote the legitimate interests of those engaged in the furnishing industry including protecting them by concerted action in accordance with law relating to the settlement of industrial and other disputes and all matters affecting the furnishing industry.
For a full copy of the Association's Statement of Purpose and Rules download document.