Treat Aussie furniture with care and it will last a lifetime
Many Australian furniture manufacturers produce high quality pieces that, with the right maintenance, can be enjoyed for generations to come (which is why it’s worth buying Aussie).
Furniture care is not complicated. With common sense and straightforward advice, you can keep your furniture looking fresh for many years.
Top tips for caring for Aussie furniture
- Avoid exposure to sunlight and extreme temperatures, which can fade and damage wood and upholstery, by placing furniture at least 30cm from heaters and coolers and rotating away from windows and glass doors.
- Treat furniture with care and only use as intended, eg sit on seating areas only, open and close doors and drawers with care.
- Protect against spills and stains by covering surfaces with cloths and coasters and cleaning spills quickly.
- Do not allow pets on furniture.
- When moving furniture, always lift and carry from strongest part. Do not drag.
Top tips for cleaning Aussie furniture
- Regularly dust with a damp cloth (with a touch of polish if preferred).
- When applying furniture polish, using a circular motion to remove old polish, then buff for a dry finish. Use the same polish each time to avoid cloudy/streaky appearance (which occurs when polishes mix).
- Avoid using soap and water on wood furniture. Instead, dust with a soft cloth, using a brush with natural bristles to dust intricate designs.
- Every week, vacuum upholstered furniture to remove dirt and rotate cushions. A round brush attachment can be used to vacuum wood furniture.
- Always read and follow manufacturers care instructions.
Taking the time to care for Aussie furniture will increase the longeivity of the piece and maximise its value to future generations.